All courses offered by RMA Training are approved activities under cl 3, Schedule 1 to the Migration Agents Regulations 1998.
Since 2010 we have been offering two-day live seminars with a total of 12 CPD points, up to 6 points per day, allowing the widest range of choice of any CPD provider.
We are now also offering online modules which do not require you to pay until you have passed the quiz and earned your CPD points. Click herefor details.
Current face-to-face courses (click here for details of our next live event):
- Accounts management (1 point, mandatory)
- Bridging visas: beyond the basics (1 point)
- Business management (1 point, mandatory)
- Disciplining migration agents (1 point)
- Ethics and professional practice (1 point, mandatory)
- Merits review of Migration Act decisions (2 points)
- Partner visas: definitions and procedures (1 point)
- Recent developments in legislation and case law (1 point)
- Permanent and temporary skilled migration to Australia (2 points)
- Visa cancellation powers 109 and 116 (1 point)
Professional development points for lawyers and other professionals
Lawyers, accountants and other professionals may be able to claim points towards CLE or CPD requirements depending on the rules applying in the jurisdiction in which they practice.
For lawyers holding a practising certificate in New South Wales, the following advice is provided by the Law Society:
"Seminars and other CPD activities are not accredited by The Law Society of New South Wales. Under the CPD Rules, if this particular educational activity is relevant to your immediate or long term needs in relation to your professional development and practice of the law, then you should claim one “unit” for each hour of attendance, refreshment breaks not included."